You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch won’t update

My new Apple Watch will connect to my phone but won’t let me do anything on it until I update it. When I try to update it it says that it failed to update because my phone isn’t connected to the Wifi, even though my phone is connected to the wifi. I have tried to update it on multiple WiFi’s and on different phones but it always has the same outcome.

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 2:24 PM

1 reply

Nov 22, 2019 1:50 PM in response to Rhennrol

Hello Rhennrol,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are not able to update the Apple Watch because the iPhone is not recognizing it is connected to Wi-Fi. It looks like you have tried multiple Wi-Fi networks.

"Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before."

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

Update your Apple Watch

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Apple Watch won’t update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.