You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Speaker Won't Stay Connected Since Catalina

I have a 2018 Mac mini and use a Bose Micro Soundlink for my external speaker. Prior to Catalina, it was fine and everything worked great. Since Catalina, the two won't stay paired. This morning has been the worst, not even staying paired for more than five seconds. What is going on? What do I do to fix this?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 9:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 2:13 AM

I've had a similar issue with my JBL Charge 3. Click on the bluetooth icon in the menu bar and click on Bluetooth preference from the drop down menu (should be at the bottom). Remove the device you're having issue with by clicking the little "x".

I then restarted my speaker and held down the bluetooth button for 30 seconds (not sure if this does anything for sure) in an attempt to "reset" it's bluetooth settings.

Set the speaker in pairing and reconnect your macbook via bluetooth.

I did this and it's working fine now.

Hope this helps!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 9, 2019 2:13 AM in response to koalacanth

I've had a similar issue with my JBL Charge 3. Click on the bluetooth icon in the menu bar and click on Bluetooth preference from the drop down menu (should be at the bottom). Remove the device you're having issue with by clicking the little "x".

I then restarted my speaker and held down the bluetooth button for 30 seconds (not sure if this does anything for sure) in an attempt to "reset" it's bluetooth settings.

Set the speaker in pairing and reconnect your macbook via bluetooth.

I did this and it's working fine now.

Hope this helps!

Bluetooth Speaker Won't Stay Connected Since Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.