You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 5 GPS Cellular

My iphone x is on a prepaid plan with enough monthly data. If i have an apple watch with cellular will it use my phone’s data if its not connected to wifi?

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 2:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 1:10 PM

Hello schuzeds,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities, and thanks for posting your Apple Watch cellular data question. I'm glad to see if I can help out.

To use data on your Apple Watch without Wi-Fi, you would need to activate a cellular plan with your carrier that's specific to the Apple Watch, so your Apple Watch wouldn't use the cellular plan data for your iPhone. For reference, you'll find some great information about this in the links below:

Use Apple Watch with a cellular network

Set up cellular on your Apple Watch

As a side note, this link has helpful details about how you can Use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby, which might be useful.

I hope I've answered your question. Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 4, 2019 1:10 PM in response to schuzeds

Hello schuzeds,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities, and thanks for posting your Apple Watch cellular data question. I'm glad to see if I can help out.

To use data on your Apple Watch without Wi-Fi, you would need to activate a cellular plan with your carrier that's specific to the Apple Watch, so your Apple Watch wouldn't use the cellular plan data for your iPhone. For reference, you'll find some great information about this in the links below:

Use Apple Watch with a cellular network

Set up cellular on your Apple Watch

As a side note, this link has helpful details about how you can Use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby, which might be useful.

I hope I've answered your question. Take care.

Apple Watch Series 5 GPS Cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.