You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

contacts in iphone and in macbook air are different quantities

the number of contacts list is different in iphone and MacBook Air. 50 5 reduction. help required

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 10:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 6:47 PM

Hey there gajanan vasant,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re seeing a discrepancy in the amount of contacts you have on between your iPhone and MacBook Air. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Are you signed in with the same accounts across both your devices? Contacts could be syncing from iCloud, Google, and More. Take a look at which accounts you’re using on your devices using the steps from the following links:

Use other contact accounts on iPhone

Add contacts from iCloud, Google, and more to Contacts on Mac

If you have an account syncing contacts on one device but not the other, that could be where the discrepancy is coming from.

Also, go to Settings > Contacts on your iPhone and check what your Default Account account is set to. This can help you verify where your new contacts you create on your iPhone are being synced with.

If you only use iCloud for your contacts, go through the steps in this link for help if they aren’t syncing as expected:

Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders

Best wishes.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2019 6:47 PM in response to gajanan vasant

Hey there gajanan vasant,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re seeing a discrepancy in the amount of contacts you have on between your iPhone and MacBook Air. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Are you signed in with the same accounts across both your devices? Contacts could be syncing from iCloud, Google, and More. Take a look at which accounts you’re using on your devices using the steps from the following links:

Use other contact accounts on iPhone

Add contacts from iCloud, Google, and more to Contacts on Mac

If you have an account syncing contacts on one device but not the other, that could be where the discrepancy is coming from.

Also, go to Settings > Contacts on your iPhone and check what your Default Account account is set to. This can help you verify where your new contacts you create on your iPhone are being synced with.

If you only use iCloud for your contacts, go through the steps in this link for help if they aren’t syncing as expected:

Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders

Best wishes.

contacts in iphone and in macbook air are different quantities

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.