You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders not syncing

My reminders on my iphone are not syncing to the Reminders in my icloud account. My laptop is showing my icloud Reminders, but it's as though my iphone reminders are on a separate account that is not syncing.

I have checked settings - all devices are using the same icloud account.

I have turned reminders off and one multiple times for a forced sync.

I have turned the phone off and on multiple times.

Thanks for your advice!

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 2, 2019 7:49 AM

Similar questions

15 replies

Aug 7, 2019 1:42 PM in response to Eric Root

I would like to try this but your instructions above are confusing. you say this:

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer. That should show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

I tried the first step at icloud.com and that did not help so I am going to the second step that appeared to fix the OP problem. I am confused on 2 things:

1. Do I sign out of iCloud on my iPhone or my windows PC (icloud for windows)?
  2. you describe an option to "stop synching" on the device by going to settings/yourname/iCloud and stop syncing. I am on 12.3.1 iOS and I do not have a stop synching iCloud button.
  3. You describe above a system preferences/iCloud....where is that in windows 10?

Thank you for taking the time to explain answers to above questions.

Aug 10, 2019 11:52 AM in response to brandonbob2376

1. I would try signing out of iCloud on the phone first. After you sign back in, allow time for things to sync. If that doesn't work, then try signing out of the PC.
  2. After going to Settings/Your Name/iCloud, slide the button on the right side of Reminders to the left (no green). Wait a short time period, then slide the button to the right (green).
  3. I'm not familiar with iCloud for Windows.

The instructions are the same for IOS 12.4

Aug 3, 2019 11:42 AM in response to SpangTV

same problem. Started a few days ago and is out of control. I wish apple would address this since they clearly did something over the last few days that caused this. I did notice on the same day it first showed up that on the apple status page they were reporting that they fixed something in relation to reminders. My guess is whatever they did caused this instead of fixing something else.

iPhone Xs

iPad

iCloud for outlook

Aug 7, 2019 10:47 AM in response to SpangTV

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer. That should show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

Aug 8, 2019 3:04 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric Root -

I don't know if you saw my follow up questions from yesterday but I would really appreciate an answer when you get a moment so I can try your fix because my problem desperately needs resolution. thank you!

P.S. when I attempt the first step you recommended to go to icloud.com to check the status of my reminders I get a strange message that says can't load reminders It says "Reminders is taking longer to load than expected". When I try to click on a different application on icloud.com, like calendar, it loads instantly. Only reminders is doing this strange behavior on icloud.com. FYI....I have a super fast internet connection that is very stable so I know this problem is not on my end. I don't know if this is related to my problem but just thought I should give you all of the facts pertinent.

Aug 10, 2019 3:00 PM in response to Eric Root

Hmm.... I assumed when you gave instructions to the OP for a PC you were speaking of a windows PC. I am afraid to sign out of iCloud on my PC though. It sounds like from your above message, you do not know how iCloud works on windows and therefore your prior message to the OP that "you shouldn't lose anything..." would not pertain to a windows PC.

Sorry that I assumed you were speaking of a windows PC. I have done all of your other steps besides signing out on the windows PC because firstly, I do not know how to and secondly I am afraid of losing data.

Can you refer me to someone who does know or is familiar with windows PC and iCloud as this issue is really out of control. I currently have 46 reminders that just went off when the last reminder went off on my iPhone. Those 46 are only persisting on the PC and on iPad as when I mark as completed on the phone they are gone as they should be.

I should also note, or re-note, that when I follow your first step of logging into iCloud.com to see if the items are there, I get a strange message that says can't load reminders It says "Reminders is taking longer to load than expected". When I try to click on a different application on icloud.com, like calendar, it loads instantly. Only reminders is doing this strange behavior on icloud.com. FYI....I have a super fast internet connection that is very stable so I know this problem is not on my end. I don't know if this is related to my problem but just thought I should give you all of the facts pertinent.

Thus, I kindly ask if this can be referred to someone who has windows knowledge because I have used iCloud on windows for as long as iCloud for windows has been available and I have never had this issue until a couple of weeks ago when some change was made to iCloud to fix a different problem that I believe in turn created my problem. This supposed fix to an iCloud issue, which I believe caused my issue occured around the 1st of August. I do not know the exact date but I do know that there was a system status entry on apple system status page on the day in question that said that iCloud had been down and had been fixed.

Reminders not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.