You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

older models

How can i get older models of the ipad devices for purchase?

Posted on Aug 2, 2019 5:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2019 5:36 AM

Apple has a refurbished shop that has some older models. Best Buy may also sell some older devices.

Certified Refurbished Products - Apple

Just be sure that the activation lock is turned off

Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

So you may wish to avoid non-regulated resale sites, or if you choose to look for places like Amazon, Craig’s List, etc, educate yourself about the activation lock and be sure you get a functional device, not something that is an expensive brick.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 2, 2019 5:36 AM in response to shavane

Apple has a refurbished shop that has some older models. Best Buy may also sell some older devices.

Certified Refurbished Products - Apple

Just be sure that the activation lock is turned off

Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

So you may wish to avoid non-regulated resale sites, or if you choose to look for places like Amazon, Craig’s List, etc, educate yourself about the activation lock and be sure you get a functional device, not something that is an expensive brick.

older models

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.