You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch not receiving notification for one contact in messages

I have my apple watch sync'd to my iphone. i have it set to mirror notification settings. when i receive a txt/apple message it successfully notifies me on my apple watch. It'll vibrate or play a sound depending on whether i have it set to silent mode or not. my issue is, it will not notify me for one contact i have. the only thing different from this contact compared to all my other ones is, i have read receipts turned off for everyone except this one contact. this also happens on my iphone. its like this one contact will not pop up, vibrate, play a sound, or notify on the watch or iphone. if i hit the button on my iphone to wake it, i see that there is a message from the contact. if i wake my watch, i can see there is one new message on the little message icon. anyone else see this issue?

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 7:10 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Aug 7, 2019 11:27 AM in response to julieda

Not sure if this is what resolved my issue or not, but that contact is now successfully alerting on my watch and iPhone. The reason i say "not sure", apple support had me upgrade my iPhone to 12.4. After updating it didn't seem like it was working correctly...it was still hit or miss but maybe a little bit better. the net step was to do a full reset of the iPhone and i was like F' that. So i deleted the contact and re-added them. the next day it seemed to start working.

apple watch not receiving notification for one contact in messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.