You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost all my iTunes music with new phone update

HELP! I have an older 2014 model MacBook Pro with the old iTunes. My phone is an iPhone 6s with the latest iOS 12 update. I have not joined Apple Music yet. All of my purchased iTunes music transferred. How do I get all of my non-purchased tracks that are sitting on my old MacBook (i.e. from old CDs, voice memos, downloaded .mp3s from who knows where) onto my iPhone? No, I don’t know if I used iCloud music library or not—I just remember everything transferred using iTunes WiFi sharing.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 5:13 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 1, 2019 5:58 PM in response to choirnerd06

For iOS 12 you need iTunes 12.8.0.150 or better running on OS X 10.11.4 or better. See How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support if required. iPhone can be synced from iTunes if you can run a suitable version. If you're really left behind then either Apple Music or iTunes Match (cheaper, but more limited) come with iCloud Music Library which would be a workaround to get your music to your phone over Wi-Fi.

On an iPhone iTunes (Store) is for purchasing media, the Music app is the player, with TV for video, Podcasts for podcasts and Books for iBooks and audiobooks.

tt2

Aug 1, 2019 4:19 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for the quick reply, Turing. My iPhone no longer has iTunes app; just iTunes Store. My MacBook is super old (2010 without Sierra), and I’m unsure it will will even read my iPhone 6s since the OS are so dated fr one another. I said that I have a 2014 model MacBook, but really it’s a mid year 2010). iPhones only take Apple Music now, and my MacBook knows only iTunes. :( Will the method above even work with this situation?

I lost all my iTunes music with new phone update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.