You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store

Opened my MacBook and went to the iTunes store...but no store seems to exist. I've heard rumors about changes, but...what now? All of my previously purchased music is still in place, but do I now have to purchase music via my phone then sync to my computer instead of the other way around?

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 4:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 4:38 PM

There haven't recent been any changes to iTunes. The iTunes Store is still available on my Mac running the latest version of Mojave and iTunes 12.9.5.5.

Apple is not closing the iTunes Store. They have announced that they will be replacing the iTunes application on the Mac with 3 separate applications with similar functionality this Fall. There has been no announcement, at least so far, that they are replacing the iTunes application on Windows. See the following from https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210200

The iTunes Store will still be available to buy music on Mac, iOS, PC, and Apple TV.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 11, 2019 4:38 PM in response to KatHuels19

There haven't recent been any changes to iTunes. The iTunes Store is still available on my Mac running the latest version of Mojave and iTunes 12.9.5.5.

Apple is not closing the iTunes Store. They have announced that they will be replacing the iTunes application on the Mac with 3 separate applications with similar functionality this Fall. There has been no announcement, at least so far, that they are replacing the iTunes application on Windows. See the following from https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210200

The iTunes Store will still be available to buy music on Mac, iOS, PC, and Apple TV.

iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.