You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reset myiPod classic

My ipod classic keeps shutting off. The apple logo is shown on the main screen. Wait sometime 5 minutes, sometimes 20 minutes it eventually comes back on. This time there was a message to reconnect my ipod to my computer, which I did. But then I lost all the songs I had on the ipod. I use it for music only. When I went to re-install all the music i have on iTunes on my primary desktop computer it only loaded some of them.

I would like to know how I can get all the songs in itunes onto my ipod.

Thanks

Ken

Posted on May 20, 2019 1:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 3:44 PM

If it had to reset, you might need to change the sync settings again: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

If you've already told it to Sync All and it's giving the same results, then you might need to download the songs to your computer again*

*You can check this upfront by going to your iTunes library. Anything with this little cloud icon is not downloaded, but is available to do so. If a song is not downloaded to your computer, it will not sync to the iPod.

Let me know If you run into any more specific problems. :)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 20, 2019 3:44 PM in response to craftedkup

If it had to reset, you might need to change the sync settings again: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

If you've already told it to Sync All and it's giving the same results, then you might need to download the songs to your computer again*

*You can check this upfront by going to your iTunes library. Anything with this little cloud icon is not downloaded, but is available to do so. If a song is not downloaded to your computer, it will not sync to the iPod.

Let me know If you run into any more specific problems. :)

How to reset myiPod classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.