You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving Channel strip/Patch Settings

Is it possible to save a number of Instrument channel strips as a combined Patch or Channel strip setting?

Scenario

Drums mix - Superior Drummer multi out with 8 instrument tracks open with the various elements of the drum kit split across the 8 instrument strips and they are all balanced eq's mixed and have the odd plug in on a couple of the channels.. All good...

I now want to save the complete drum kit with all the instruments, instrument channels, plug ins etc as a single patch/Channel strip and be able to recall and insert it in to a new or existing project.

Current results - Save as a patch or Channels strip and it only saves the individual channel not all 8 when I reopen it it again in a new or existing project.

Read the manual and it says its possible but I can't seem to get it to work as expected above...

Can anyone throw some light on this and indeed, can LPX do this or am I expecting too much?

Or what the best way to do might be?

Many thanks,

🙂

Posted on Jul 19, 2018 12:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2018 12:23 PM

It is possible. You have to save it as a Library patch. Here's how:

First, join your drums mix into a summing stack (select the tracks in Tracks area or in the Mixer, then right-click and choose "Create Track Stack" or press Shift+Command+D):

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Now, with the stack selected, open Library and click "Save..." button (bottom right corner of Library area).

User uploaded file

Logic then will offer to name the patch and choose the location to save it to:

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2018 12:23 PM in response to FType

It is possible. You have to save it as a Library patch. Here's how:

First, join your drums mix into a summing stack (select the tracks in Tracks area or in the Mixer, then right-click and choose "Create Track Stack" or press Shift+Command+D):

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Now, with the stack selected, open Library and click "Save..." button (bottom right corner of Library area).

User uploaded file

Logic then will offer to name the patch and choose the location to save it to:

User uploaded file

Saving Channel strip/Patch Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.