You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Using the Apple lightning-to-USB C adapter to connect a lightning lavaliere mic to an iPhone 16 Pro

I have a Pixel Lavalier Microphone with a lightning connector. It works perfectly with my iPhone 11 Pro (just plug it in and record a video, and the iPhone uses the audio from the lavalier mic instead of the built-in mic). I also have the Apple USB-C to Lightning Adapter, but when I plug the adapter into the lavalier mic and then plug the adapter into my iPhone 16 Pro and record a video, the iPhone still uses the built-in mic from the iPhone for audio. The product page overview says that the adapter supports "charging, data, and audio", so I really do not know why this is not working.

Is there something I'm missing here? I was hoping not to have to buy a new lavalier mic with USB C.

iPhone 16 Pro

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 8:30 PM

There are no replies.

Using the Apple lightning-to-USB C adapter to connect a lightning lavaliere mic to an iPhone 16 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.