You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Inactive icloud on a device already locked to owner no way to access

I mistakenly erased my iphone 11 now am back to hello screen and I can't remember my password so I tried several incorrect ones now apple disabled my apple id and anytime I try to reset it on iforgot.com website it shows this apple id as been locked and cannot be used . So no way I can reset my password , which dont remember now am stucked in the activation screen with no clue of what to do ... How do I fix this cos I just got this phone some days ago ...

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 6:07 PM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2024 6:57 PM in response to Thotech85

● If a message says "your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes Store" or "You cannot login because your account has been locked", you might be able to request reactivation by tapping Continue right from the alert. If that does not work, Apple provides a link for this specific issue. Tap or click here and choose a self-help or contact method ➞ https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kbase&PGF=PGF63005&category_id=SC0245&symptom_id=23362 .

● According to various posts, Apple may also permanently lock accounts for various reasons (very broadly outlined in section VII-B of Legal - iCloud - Apple ). If none of the above apply to you, that may be the case here. If it isn’t apparent, contact Apple and ask if that is the situation, but don’t expect them to tell you why. You are likely doing something to trigger security measures at Apple's end. You will have to see if your activities meet any of Apple's conditions in the support article and then stop doing things the way you have been.

Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Check the requirements and steps at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not detail what currently constitutes proof other than it “must include the product serial number, IMEI or MEID.” Apple may typically require the original receipt* issued by Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller. If Apple resets the device this will give you access to the device but won't restore access to the account used to lock it. There is nothing that can be done to expedite an Activation Lock request.

*Apple recommends you "Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device" --> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device - Apple Support

Inactive icloud on a device already locked to owner no way to access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.