You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Can't set up Microsoft Exchange mailbox on old MacBook Pro (Mid 2015)

My hotmail account suddenly failed of login, though I can go to Outlook online and log in fine. I suspect that my version of Mail:

Version 11.5 (3445.9.7)

and macOS:

mean I ain't gonna be able to use Mail on my antique to access my account. Already happened to me with my gmail account. Is there a workaround other than using a browser for these accounts? Is there an app that can take the place of Mail on my antique (though I am very fond of Mail)?

Thanks, best,

R

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 5:24 PM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2024 8:32 PM in response to rfransom

rfransom wrote:

My hotmail account suddenly failed of login, though I can go to Outlook online and log in fine. I suspect that my version of Mail:

Version 11.5 (3445.9.7)

and macOS:

mean I ain't gonna be able to use Mail on my antique to access my account. Already happened to me with my gmail account. Is there a workaround other than using a browser for these accounts? Is there an app that can take the place of Mail on my antique (though I am very fond of Mail)?

Thanks, best,

R

Nope, you probably can't download Microsoft apps with the version you're on.

Can't set up Microsoft Exchange mailbox on old MacBook Pro (Mid 2015)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.