You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Personal voice setup error on iPhone

I attempted to set up Personal Voice on my iPhone earlier today by completing the 150 phrases. Now, instead of creating the PV, there is an error message that says:

"Preparation of your Personal Voice is paused. Your iPhone must be charging and locked to generate your Personal Voice"

I have tried leaving my phone plugged in with the screen locked throughout the day but it continues to show the error message. I have tried restarting my iPhone but that did not solve the problem.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 4:16 PM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2024 6:43 PM in response to maccalvin5

Re: "I attempted to set up Personal Voice on my iPhone earlier today by completing the 150 phrases.

Now, instead of creating the PV, there is an error message that says: "Preparation of your Personal Voice is paused. Your iPhone must be charging and locked to generate your Personal Voice"

Thank you kindly for clearly explaining the situation, and providing info. on what you have tried to solve it.

Am no expert here, yet your post deserves a response ... maybe something is missing from the procedure.

To set up Personal Voice on your device:

Seems your iPhone would need Face ID, Touch ID, or a device passcode or password

Else, if that's ok:

Wondering if there may have been a little more to the set-up that still needs to be completed ?

Eg: Apple Support's online article: Record your personal voice on iPhone - Apple Support

says:

"If you need to pause your recording session, tap Done.

To resume, tap the name of your personal voice, then tap Continue Recording."

You may want to try resuming to see if that's a possibility.

or wondering if you also ensured your iPhone was connected to wi-fi overnight.

Create a Personal Voice on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac - Apple Support

says:

"Your speech is processed securely on device overnight while your device is charging and connected to Wi-Fi".

All the best :-)

Personal voice setup error on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.