You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Finding images taken with other camera apps?

When searching Photos (Mac app) for images taken with Halide (iOS app) I get these the preliminary suggestions... 

It would seem that the photo is tagged somewhere since the full name popped up with just three letters and has an app icon in front of it. 

My question is, where is this info tagged or keyword within the image? I'd like to access this info more directly and see what other third-party camera apps I've used. I'd also like this info to export with the file if possible?

Thanks for any insight!

iMac 27″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 12:14 PM

3 replies

Oct 21, 2024 3:16 PM in response to mmalone

If you don't have many camera models listed under Camera you can do this for each camera in the same Smart Album:

You can export an original version of one of the photos to the Desktop and open it in Preview. Under the Inspector window see what is listed as the camera. If nothing you might try Camera Model is "leave blank".

Finding images taken with other camera apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.