You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Is this really the United States Postal Services sending me an iMessage or a scammer?

I was sent a detailed imesssage this morning claiming to be from the United States Postal Service, but I coundn’t tell where it came from? I was needing help to determine if this was coming from a legitimit source or a scammer/hacker?

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 9:05 AM

4 replies

Oct 21, 2024 10:29 AM in response to Thomaswalkerwilliams7_

I get messages from USPS whenever I'm getting a package. I signed up for something called "Informed Delivery."

The short code they're coming from is 28777 but it's quite possible they use more than one.

What they NEVER do is tell me that something has been held up and I need to click on a link and give them more information. If you're getting notices from USPS, they already know everything they need to know.

Is this really the United States Postal Services sending me an iMessage or a scammer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.