You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How can I remove my Apple ID account to get a new one

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 8:51 AM

7 replies

Oct 21, 2024 9:29 AM in response to The_Knowledge_Seeker

The_Knowledge_Seeker wrote:

You don't need to factory reset your computer to delete an Apple Account and create a new one. A factory reset will remove all your data.

The factory reset is the best way to go for any user setting up a phone with a new Apple ID. Of course any photos on the phone should be saved if you intend to keep them, but any apps that are on the phone from the previous account will continue to plague the user with the new Apple ID. Anytime there is an update for that app, there will be a constant popup requiring the Apple ID/Password of the previous Apple ID.

Yes, that should be done.

Oct 21, 2024 9:37 AM in response to The_Knowledge_Seeker

The_Knowledge_Seeker wrote:

For information about how to delete your Apple ID account, click here --> How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Do not do this unless you have already removed the Apple ID from all devices. If you delete the Apple ID and it is still signed in on a device, you will not be able to remove it as the password will not be accepted for an Apple ID that does not exist anymore.

Users have attempted this approach thinking it will remove the Apple ID on the phone and have found their device to be bricked if they do not have the original purchase receipt from Apple or Authorized Apple Seller to remove it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.