You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

MBP M1 with macOS Sequoia 15.0.1 keeps loosing wifi connectivity

My MBP M1 keeps dropping wifi connections for no reason, the wifi signal is connected but no communications in/out, all other devices (iOS, Android, linux, iPadOS, IoT, etc.) work fine, it seems just a problem with macOS Sequoia 15.01, didn't have this problem with 15.0.0, any idea how to fix it? I have already tried disabling the FW, rebooting the router, etc, nothing helps, it happens 4-5 times daily.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 7:07 AM

4 replies

Oct 21, 2024 9:01 AM in response to logicito

Developer Beta for 15.1 is currently in release 7. They usually don't go much further. I can't provide an ETA but it must be rather close to release.

You can try forgetting the wifi network and rejoining it from scratch.

Make sure your WiFi Router has the latest firmware updates. Most people never update their routers and that can cause problems later on as technology evolves. Many times with WiFi routers ship before a standard is even fully solidified. Without those firmware updates you aren't running the latest WiFi protocols. Get the make / model number off the router and go to the manufacturers website. Then navigate to Support and search for your model router. Check the firmware version available to update and compare to the version you have installed on your router. You most likely do need to update the firmware on the router / access point.

MBP M1 with macOS Sequoia 15.0.1 keeps loosing wifi connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.