You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Samsung TV display's dark images with Apple TV

Before starting the Apple TV app on my Samsung TV I have to turn the power off and on again. Otherwise will the thing I am watching be very dark.

Is the TV to old (4 years)?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

QTQ60,

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 6:51 AM

3 replies

Oct 21, 2024 8:50 AM in response to Hovås

Interesting that you mention that a power cycle can overcome that. I don’t think that it has been mentioned before.

Unless someone else chimes in with a new idea, I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Oct 21, 2024 9:10 AM in response to Hovås

What could be the problems is that your Samsung TV is set to automatically use Filmmaker Mode when watching a movie. Although restarting has no effect on this setting. You will see this when the UI of Apple TV is bright as usual, then once the movie starts, the content is too dark. You have a setting on your TV to prevent it from using this Filmmaker mode.

Each model of TV may have the setting in a different location, but on some Samsung TV's, they offer this path:

Press the Home button > Select Settings > Select Picture > Select Expert Settings > Select Film Mode > Select Off

Samsung TV display's dark images with Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.