You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

A contact’s old email showing in Find My instead of actual contact name.

Hi.

Odd thing happening here.

I’ve deleted an old email address from one of my contacts, who is also shared in Find My. When I view my friend in the Find My app, their name is now listed as the old email address, and I’ve lost their photo. When I select the contact info from the Find My app, it appears as a new contact. I’ve adding this to the existing contact for this person, and immediately Find My lists them with the correct name as in appears in Contacts, and includes their photo. But when I delete the old email address in the Contacts app, it reverts back to the old email address in the Find My app.

The old email is no longer associated with their Apple ID, but it looks as if Find My keeps reverting back to it. I have signed out and signed back in of my iCloud account, thinking there may be a problem with syncing, and restarted my iPhone several times, but I can’t update the contact info without it constantly reverting back in the Find My app. I don’t want the hassle of deleting them from Find My, and asking permission again. Why can’t I delete the old email address in an existing contact without it stuffing up Find My?

I’m using an iPhone 13 on ios 17.7. Any ideas??

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 5:15 AM

There are no replies.

A contact’s old email showing in Find My instead of actual contact name.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.