You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Problem with apple support

Hi all,

I purchased apple mac book air M2 on aug 9 2024 and started using it from Sep 25 2024. Suddenly on oct 7 display went off. I reported the issue to Apple customer care and took the product to Apple service centre and they told minor dent less than needle pin was on display and it caused the issue.That minor dent not done by us we don’t know how it happened.We are surprised how can less than needle pin kind of very minor dent happens on display and they told we need to pay 500 dollars for display to be replaced and the whole laptop price is 1067 dollars.I requested higher official contact details and they are not providing it.

Any suggestions please let us know

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 8:59 PM

1 reply

Oct 20, 2024 9:10 PM in response to hema233

hema233 Said:

"Problem with apple support: [...]That minor dent not done by us we don’t know how it happened.We are surprised how can less than needle pin kind of very minor dent happens on display and they told we need to pay 500 dollars for display to be replaced and the whole laptop price is 1067 dollars. I requested higher official contact details and they are not providing it. Any suggestions please let us know"

-------

Getting a Mac Screen Serviced:

These are just user-to-user forums. No on here have any say in reruns and device coverage. So, one thought would be to call Apple Support, and let them see if for themselves, over-the-phone. You'd screenshare your iPhone with the Apple Rep > open the Camera app > and then hover your iPhone over the screen. Learn more at my User Tip: Screenshare your iPhone with the Camera App Enabled to Easily Converse Over-the-Phone with Apple Support - User Tip

Problem with apple support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.