You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Cable charging issues

My iPhone 16 will only charge with the chargers that come in the Apple box when you buy a phone. It works with my charger and it works with my sister‘s charger, but it will not charge with any other USB-C cable that I have. It doesn’t give me any kind of pop-up notification when I plug it in Sometimes I won’t even get a charging notification and sometimes it’ll charge for two seconds and then stop charging. Is there anyway I can fix this?

iPhone 16, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 8:10 PM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2024 4:48 PM in response to shyanne196

shyanne196 wrote:

My iPhone 16 will only charge with the chargers that come in the Apple box when you buy a phone.

That's interesting as Apple stopped providing power adapters with any of their new iPhones. What does come in the box is a charging cable. Is that what you are referring to here?

It works with my charger and it works with my sister‘s charger, but it will not charge with any other USB-C cable that I have. It doesn’t give me any kind of pop-up notification when I plug it in

All Apple power adapters and charging cables are Mfi-certified. If you happen to be using similar products, that are not, could be the reason you are having this issue.

Ref: Mfi Licensed Accessories - Apple Support

Cable charging issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.