You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Podcast Stations not playing in correct order

I listen to a variety of podcasts. When I follow shows, set up which episodes to download, etc, I also set up a station to play the podcasts in the order they are released, oldest to newest. The station then shows the correct order - an episode of A followed by an episode of B followed by an episode of C, etc. But when I play the station it plays the first episode of A then jumps B and C and goes to the next episode of A. I can go back and tell it to play B but after it finishes B it jumps to the next episode of B, still skipping the other podcast episodes in the station list.

I have checked to make sure the "group by podcast" button is OFF.

I have tried deleting the station and creating a new one, same problem.

I removed all of the "past" episodes of all podcasts (marked all as played) and started fresh - giving it a few days to download new episodes.

In all cases the station displays the episodes in the order I want them to play but won't actually play them in that order.

It's been several years and several iOs updates and this still happens - even in iOS 18. Each time I give up for about six months and then go back expecting it to be fixed. Luckily I have another podcast app I use that works perfectly.

I just wish Apple's podcast app could do the same.

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 7:02 PM

There are no replies.

Podcast Stations not playing in correct order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.