You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

TextEdit lockup after pasting from Music in macOS Monterey

This week I found a new way to screw up a Mac app.

I started with Music, trying to export a list of performers and albums. Couldn't find a way, so I went to the Albums view, did a Select All, copied that to the Clipboard, and pasted into a new, blank TextEdit page. The beachball began to spin, so I gave it some time.

About two days later, the spinning continued but I gave up, activated Force Quit, and gave it a zap.

Now, TextEdit spins its ball as soon as I open it, and nothing works except Force Quit (which says TextEdit is not responding). That same window still opens, and shows the thick vertical black bar with flickering white lines I gave up on before; I can't locate anything by that window's name ("Untitled 14") created in the appropriate time frame to delete and stop TE from picking up where it left off before.

Context: late 2015 27" iMac, 32GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7.6

Anybody know how I might get TextEdit functional again? (&, incidentally, pull that list from Music?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 6:44 PM

There are no replies.

TextEdit lockup after pasting from Music in macOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.