You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Find duplicate photos from different files or folders.

I have many files of backup photos folders, in addition to photo libraries. I'd like to know an app where I can find duplicates in two different folders. Please help? Thank you!

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 3:45 PM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2024 7:25 AM in response to yosemiteg

I have used Gemini 2 ($20) to deal with duplicates from decades of backups-- I liked it better than others I tried. It will delete files (I used it with picture files) that are exact copies, and it will show you similar pictures with details so that you can decide if you want to keep one or the other or both. It must not be used with the Photos Library, or it will destroy the database! But for all those pictures in Finder folders, it worked well for me. I wish that Photos did the exact/similar thing the way Gemini does. (You just have to put up with an occasional "CleanMyMac" ad-- don't click on that!)

Find duplicate photos from different files or folders.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.