You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Can't break rows across pages in Pages V14.2

Trying to create an extended travel itinerary and I've set up a table with 5 columns and 28 rows. Also checked the option to Repeat Header rows on each page. the problem is as I add more details and the text wraps in the cell it creates more lines on the page. At some point it needs to extends to a second page BUT it doesn't the bottom line/s just become invisible (beyond the availability space on the page.

I know I can copy and paste the first page and continue my data updates However that will mean the I will have to continually adjust the 2nd or subsequent pages by copying and pasting each time the info gets pushed beyond the page boundary.

Can't find a way in 14.2 to to allow rows to break across pages.

Help please.

iMac 24″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 1:37 PM

3 replies

Oct 21, 2024 2:19 AM in response to iainfromvictoria

When you insert a table in Pages, the default settings on the Arrange panel for the selected table are:

• Object Placement : Move with Text
  • Text Wrap : Inline with Text

With these settings, the Table rows when exceeding the initial page will simply flow onto the next page. Change the above settings and that flow stops on the same page as the original table.

Both MS Word and LibreOffice Writer will split table row content across document pages. Pages splits tables across document pages by row boundaries because it is not a Word clone.

Can't break rows across pages in Pages V14.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.