You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

pictures showing taken after sent by text

I received a series of photos throughout one day from my boyfriend. The first was at taken at 10:34 am and numbered IMG_3657. The next two were taken at 6:25 PM (IMG_3021) and 6:34 PM (IMG_3020) and the last taken at 5:22 AM the next day numbered IMG_3689. These were all sent to me in my phone’s text message app.

Questions:

1. why do I see two sets of IMG numbers? (One 3000s and one 3600s)?
  2. why would the 6 PM hour ones be descending numbers according to the time?
  3. The one at 5:22 am (the time on the picture info) was sent to me at 3:47 am. How is THAT possible? I rechecked the days so it’s not a different day.

Thank you for your help. This is obviously part of a larger issue and I am concerned about it. ☹️

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 8:21 AM

2 replies

Oct 20, 2024 9:20 AM in response to Wyld123

There are different times and dates recorded-- image creation time, file creation time, file modification time, and so on. This info is contained in the Exif metadata of a picture file. You would get more information by using an Exif viewer--there are several available in the App store. Since I do stuff like that on my Mac, I haven't tried the phone apps, but it's pretty simple, and some looked to be free.

pictures showing taken after sent by text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.