You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple celebrates 10 years of Apple Pay. Learn more >

Someone use my creditcard for ApplePay

A few months ago, my credit card was hacked. On my bank account, 10 transactions appear as APPLE.COM/BILL. In summary, Apple charged my account for about 700€, even though my bank doesn't support Apple Pay! How can someone use my credit card for Apple payments so easily? Can Apple find out where the payment was made and which Apple account made the payment?

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 8:00 AM

1 reply

Oct 20, 2024 8:24 AM in response to dejan41

Apple is not a bank and cannot approve or decline charges. Only the issuing bank can approve or decline transactions/payments.

Apple cannot verify cards or the identity of the person submitting card details for use with Apple Wallet and Apple Pay. Only the issuing bank can verify card details and cardholder identity. So, your bank that doesn’t support Apple Pay somehow managed to verify your card information and identity of person submitting them.

Apple will work with local law enforcement and your bank’s fraud team in investigating the incident(s). Your bank also has all the information because they approved all the transactions.

Card provisioning security overview - Apple Support

Someone use my creditcard for ApplePay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.