You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Cannon LBP622C/623C printer unable to auto select paper source

Printing from iMac M1 Sonoma 14.6.1

The printer is unable to select the paper source from the papers loaded in the drawer.

It keeps giving an error message stating no paper.

Someone has to physically select the 3rd option on the screen (Drawer) from the printer screen each time before printing can commence.

Printing from Windows laptop

The same printer is able to print out smoothly without above errors.

Failed Attempts

Error messages continue after installing the newest printer driver from the Cannon sg website.

Thankyou in advance for any kind help.

iMac 24″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 5:43 AM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2024 6:50 AM in response to Hwee Yee Lai

For anyone who encounters the same issues, I've enclosed the email from the Cannon support desk. The last step appears to solve the problem. ;-}

==========================================================================

I understand that you are currently experiencing an issue with your LBP623Cdw printer where it does not automatically select paper from the drawer when printing, thus requiring manual selection from the printer screen to proceed with printing.

As you indicated, the error message that displays states ‘No Paper LTR’, indicating that the print job the printer receives is using Letter paper which does not match what is in your printer drawer. However, I assume that you are actually trying to print A4-sized documents, and the drawer has been loaded with A4 paper.

As such, all you need to do is to ensure that the Paper Size setting is set to A4 on the print preview page before proceeding to print. You can also change the LBP623Cdw printing preferences to use the A4 paper size by default.

Additionally, you may also try changing the following setting via the printer screen:

Home Screen > Menu > Function Settings > Printer > Printer Settings > Paper Size Override > On

Cannon LBP622C/623C printer unable to auto select paper source

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.