You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

IOS18.0.1 Recently Deleted Photos Album

Just accidentally deleted a photo. Prior to updating to the above the recently deleted folder was visible to me. Cannot find it, google search advises the folder is now hidden but I have the setting for hidden folders to show (and have no other hidden folders anyway as I don't use that function). Then advised I have to find it via a Utilities menu which should appear when I have the photos app open and swipe up. No, no sign of a utilities menu.

I have masses of photos now showing on the home screen where before all I had were the photos I had taken (I don't want all my album photos on show), I have 'From My Mac' with my synched folders, 'Albums' which seems to be my Twitter photos, and then Customise & 'Reorder'

If I go to the very bottom of the actual photos and gently pull down I get Years Months All and an icon with two arrows which give me sort by recently added/date captured and the filter and view options.

This is on an iphone 14 Pro Max. The photos app used to be really easy to use, since the update to ios 18 I have spent so much time researching how to use it for functions which previously were self-evident.

Grateful for any assistance, thanks.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 2:55 AM

2 replies

Oct 20, 2024 7:23 AM in response to Denise Woodcock

You may want to have a look at this page in the user guide: Customize the Photos app on iPhone - Apple Support

Photos on iOS 18 does not have a fixed layout of the albums and collection. You can freely configure, which collections will be shown or hidden. The Recently Deleted album is a part of the "Others" collection.

1. Go to the Photos app  on your iPhone.
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the app, then tap Customize & Reorder.

Make sure, that "Others" is not hidden.

IOS18.0.1 Recently Deleted Photos Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.