You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Safari won't Play Rumble Videos

I have to switch to Brave Browser to get Rumble videos to play.

Ad blocker off, Safari 18.0.1 on a Mac Mini running Sequoia.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 7:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 11:00 AM

If you exhausted literally all the suggestions in If Safari doesn't open a page or work as expected on your Mac then so am I.

Rumble videos work just fine here, so something else is going on. It's not the website.

Consider EtreCheck. Instructions: How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report - Apple Community. Often, it reveals some clues that can advance troubleshooting.

15 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2024 11:00 AM in response to Sweejak

If you exhausted literally all the suggestions in If Safari doesn't open a page or work as expected on your Mac then so am I.

Rumble videos work just fine here, so something else is going on. It's not the website.

Consider EtreCheck. Instructions: How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report - Apple Community. Often, it reveals some clues that can advance troubleshooting.

Oct 21, 2024 12:17 PM in response to Sweejak

The roots of this configuration go back a dozen years or so, too.

You could the add-on security tools including Adguard and Little Snitch, and remove the browser extensions including RealPlayer and Unity and VLC, and the audio plugins, and test again. Some of these add-ons are a dozen years old.

But more practically, and probably more expeditiously, you’re probably going to be backing up, re-installing macOS, and migrating files and docs and not apps, and then installing current versions of just the apps you need.

Oct 20, 2024 10:35 AM in response to Sweejak

Browser extensions are just like anything else — you have to keep on top of them and constantly mindful of the potential for unexpected effects. Is "Passwords" one of them?

That Apple Support document makes mention of extensions and Private Relay, but it's easy to overlook those significant details when it literally begins with "reload the page". Every one of those steps can help but... reload the page? Apple might as well say "turn on your Mac". Nevertheless, a methodical approach almost always leads to a solution.

Oct 20, 2024 7:31 AM in response to John Galt

Safari was working on my Desktop so I went to my laptop and replicated the settings to match my working desktop. man, there are a lot of settings. Everything seemed to match, I threw out a couple of extensions which were turned off anyway, fiddled with the “Private Relay” turning it off and then on to match my Desktop. Giving up I went for a restart and “Passwords" stopped the restart. I closed Passwords and the laptop restarted. The laptop came back on and voila, Rumble works, RT works and it seems things are ok.

How very strange to me.

What do you think.

Oct 21, 2024 12:53 PM in response to MrHoffman

Oh dear, well this would be like a "clean install" from days past?

My wife's machine is running Sonoma 14.6.1 and Safari 17.6. Works fine. It did work fine here until Sequoia and Safari 18.0.1. My desktop running the same and with almost identical stuff.

is working fine too. I have to think about this because of the time involved. I think I have most codes and passes for my apps.

Let me wait and see if I get more replies, I can always use Brave or Yandex to watch those videos. They work.

Safari won't Play Rumble Videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.