You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

3 out of 8 AirTags are still on old v1.0.291.

2 AirTags are from last year and other 1 is new from almost a week ago. So, why are these 3 AirTags still on the old version while the rest are updated on the (new/lat)est v2.0.73? I already tried replacing its batteries. Find My works fine. What is taking so long to update? Are they missing a lot between these 2 versions? I wished there was a way to force manual updates. Also, replacing their batteries didn't help. :(

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

AirTag

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 3:04 PM

1 reply

Oct 19, 2024 3:16 PM in response to antdude

Firmware updates typically roll out gradually, and certain conditions (like having a strong, consistent connection to your iPhone) are necessary for the update to trigger. Unfortunately, as you know, there is no way to manually force an update.

As for the differences between versions, firmware updates typically bring performance enhancements or security updates, though Apple rarely specifies the details.

The jump between the versions you mentioned in your post will likely includes stability and bug fixes that might improve the overall performance of your tags, but (again) without any real details from Apple, I really can't tell you what those might be.

3 out of 8 AirTags are still on old v1.0.291.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.