You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iCloud overwrote Excel file

I have an excel file I access on both my iPhone and Mac mini. I spent hours working on it on my Mac mini. Later I opened the file on my iPhone and it was the old version. When I went back to my Mac mini, the file was overwritten with the old version.

The problem is Time Machine shows only the old version. It's almost like iCloud overwrote the entire version history. Despite hours of work, Time Machine shows nothing.

Do I have any other options?

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 11:57 AM

1 reply

Oct 19, 2024 3:48 PM in response to MillennialAppleUser

MillennialAppleUser wrote:

I have an excel file I access on both my iPhone and Mac mini. I spent hours working on it on my Mac mini. Later I opened the file on my iPhone and it was the old version. When I went back to my Mac mini, the file was overwritten with the old version.

The problem is Time Machine shows only the old version. It's almost like iCloud overwrote the entire version history. Despite hours of work, Time Machine shows nothing.

Do I have any other options?

Sounds like you didn't save the document on your MAC, that is why it open the older version on your iphone.

There is no options to recovery, unless Microsoft support can help you.

iCloud overwrote Excel file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.