You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

MacBook Air won't turn on

Macbook Air is my Secondary laptop and I use it occasionally. Few weeks back I used it without any issues but today when I opened it, It is not working. does anyone knows is this a manufacturing defect?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 8:13 AM

4 replies

Oct 21, 2024 6:32 PM in response to sheikhrizvan091

sheikhrizvan091 Said:

"MacBook Air won't turn on: Macbook Air is my Secondary laptop and I use it occasionally. Few weeks back I used it without any issues but today when I opened it, It is not working. does anyone knows is this a manufacturing defect?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Mac not Turning On:

Why the Error?

Presumably, because your charger has failed, and it is time for a new charger.

Troubleshoot Mac Power:

A. Try a New Charger:

B. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

Oct 19, 2024 8:33 AM in response to sheikhrizvan091

We'll need more details than just "not working" before anyone can offer much in the way of suggestions. Please post back with exactly what is or is not happening - Black screen? Screen but some icon or other and if so what? Or ? - and then we may be able to assist.

One quick thought: if it's been just sitting idle for weeks, have you connected it to power and let it charge for a couple of hours at least before trying to start it up?

Regards.

MacBook Air won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.