You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPhone 13 Pro iCloud unlock after owner's death

I have iPhone 13pro with box, iCloud belongs to my brother who has died in last days , I tried to reset , but now it is is stop at cloud, tell me how to remove cloud, by payment or without payment ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 3:37 AM

1 reply

Oct 19, 2024 3:41 AM in response to Malickirfan

For information about how to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account data, and possibly their equipment, read this support article --> How to request access to a deceased family member’s Apple Account - Apple Support

Apple says:

"While we may also be able to help remove Activation Lock from devices that use your loved one’s original Apple ID, their iPhone, iPod, and iPad will need to be restored to factory settings before they can be used with another Apple ID. Please note that devices locked with a passcode are protected by passcode encryption, and Apple can't help remove the passcode lock without erasing the device."

iPhone 13 Pro iCloud unlock after owner's death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.