You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Pages: Resizing images in a table cell

Browsing the web, I see this is a common problem, but I have yet to find a resolution.

Is there anyway to resize an image while it is within a table cell (in Pages)?

Currently, I cut an image out of the cell, paste it outside of the table, resize, and paste it back in the cell. And maybe, if I'm very lucky, it will be the right size. But that is very time-consuming. ( I do a lot of instructional documents and every cell has an image of varying sizes.)

Thank you for any assistance.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 3:21 AM

1 reply

Oct 19, 2024 3:54 AM in response to Ltlmrs

You cannot alter images in a table cell for the following reasons…

An image pasted into a Pages v14.2 table cell becomes a cell image fill, not an independently selectable, or resizable image. When you cut, copy, and paste that image fill, you are simply replicating an image fill in another table cell, not manipulating the image itself.

When you paste outside of a table, you are simply creating a single-cell table containing a cell with image fill, it is not an independent image.

Pages: Resizing images in a table cell

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.