You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Is there a way to download my Instagram videos on computer?

I recently planned to create a new Instagram page and wanted to post some videos and other interesting content on it, but now I have a problem. I don’t know how to download Instagram videos and upload them again. I have tried a few methods, but the results are not ideal. Some videos cannot be downloaded at all. Can anyone recommend some simple and practical methods or tools to help me download and post these videos smoothly? Thank you!

iPhone 14

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 1:07 AM

6 replies

Oct 20, 2024 8:25 PM in response to Kpamzze

Downloading Instagram videos by recording your screen is a straightforward method that doesn’t require any third-party apps or online tools. This approach works on both smartphones and computers, allowing you to capture videos from Instagram stories, posts, reels, or IGTV. And it is a quite safe way to download Instagram videos to computer for free.

Taking iPhone for example.

1. Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls. Add Screen Recording to the Control Center.
  2. Open Instagram and navigate to the video you want to download.
  3. Swipe down from the top-right corner (iPhone X and later) or swipe up from the bottom (iPhone 8 and earlier) to access the Control Center.
  4. Tap the Screen Record button (a circle inside a circle) to start recording.
  5. Wait for the 3-second countdown, then play the Instagram video.
  6. When the video is finished, tap the red bar at the top of the screen and hit Stop.

The recorded video will be saved to your Photos app, where you can trim or edit it if necessary. After that, transfer or share the recorded videos to Mac or PC from iPhone via Bluetooth.

Oct 20, 2024 8:06 PM in response to Kpamzze

Instagram does not offer a native option to download Instagram videos on computer. While you can view and share videos on Instagram, the platform does not provide a direct way to download videos to your device. This includes posts, stories, reels, and IGTV videos.

However, users can save posts to their "Saved" collection within the app (accessible from their profile), but this feature only bookmarks the video within Instagram for later viewing, not downloading it to the device.

Oct 21, 2024 12:47 AM in response to Kpamzze

There is actually a very simple way to do this. You can use Instagram's "Save" function. Although this function does not allow you to download videos directly, you can first save the videos you like to your favorites, and then record them through screen recording. After doing this, the video will be on your device, and you can edit, upload, and play with it! Although it is not as fast as directly downloading Instagram videos, this method is very convenient and does not require any third-party tools.

Oct 21, 2024 12:50 AM in response to Kpamzze

Actually, you can also do this on your computer through a browser, although it's a little more technical. You can open the Instagram video in your browser, then press F12 or right-click and select "Inspect Element" to open the developer tools. In the "Network" tab, play the video and find the link with the .mp4 suffix. This is the address of the video! Copy the link to your browser and download Instagram video directly to PC! It may be a little complicated at first, but it's easy once you get used to it!

Is there a way to download my Instagram videos on computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.