You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Albums from Photos are not Visible in Synchronization Selection for iPhone

I created a couple of Albums in my Photos App on my Mac. All images are saved on my MacBook not in the cloud. See Screenshot below:

None of these Albums are visible in the selection window in the synchronization blade of the Finde. So I am not able to save the images to my Phone.

For Context: Had an iMac before. Now switched to a new MacBook where I uploaded all images into Photos.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 1:00 AM

4 replies

Oct 19, 2024 12:59 PM in response to BastiEggink

SOLVED

The issue was that the library I was always using was not the system library. If you have several libraries in your Pictures folder, open the one you want to use to sync to your iPhone. Alternatively when opening Photos, press option while opening Photos and select the library you want to be your main library.

Now press Photos > Settings ... and choose Use as System Photo Library (If this is grey, you are most likely already in your Sytem Photo Library).

Now you are able to sync all your libraries to your iPhone.

Oct 20, 2024 6:18 AM in response to BastiEggink

Great!

The System Library is the only Library that other apps can communicate with using Apple's Photos access routines. Likewise, it's the only Library that can sync with iCloud Photos.

If you have multiple Libraries you may find the trusted 3rd party app PowerPhotos ($30) to be very useful. We use this to copy pictures, albums, and folders from one Library to another, and it maintains the album structure through the transfer. It also has a number of other helpful features that are particularly valuable for managing multiple Libraries.

Albums from Photos are not Visible in Synchronization Selection for iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.