You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Unable to login to iTunes with to my old Apple Account?

Dear Apple Community,

I really hope that i will find help here.

Years ago, i've purchased Logic Pro X with a Apple ID. Since i've started becoming professional, i needed to create proper mail address, as this one was a weird one. I deleted this mail address, and create a new one AND a new Apple ID. Everything went well since today because the old Apple ID was still working for updates..etc. But today, i'm trying to update Logic Pro X, and when i'm trying on my new Apple ID i have this message :

"Sign In to the iTunes Store

If you have an Apple Account, sign in with it here."

That means i need to use my other Apple ID to do the updates, right ?

So when i'm trying to connect to my old Appel ID, it does not work anymore ... :(

As the gmail address does not exist, i can't reset the password for this and i tried several ways to do it.

I'm thinking about merging my accounts - but i think it's not possible with apple IDs. I'm also thinking about contacting Apple to help me, but i did not find any mail address to contact them. I just want to use my new Apple ID to manage everything, and particularly Logic Pro X. So now i'm asking you people, what are the possibilities for me or if someone have the solution please HELP ?

Best Regards,

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air, macOS 14.6

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 11:30 PM

1 reply

Oct 19, 2024 4:18 AM in response to LucasDesvaux

The mistake was setting up different accounts. You could have simply changed the address on the old account and kept on using it. Items purchased with one account cannot be transferred to another account and updating has to be done with the account that was used to make the purchase.

You can do things to mostly merge an account, but it won't solve your issue since apps cannot be transferred. I don't know if this is an application you can share the app with Family Sharing which you would set up with the two accounts. To learn how to set up Family Sharing, read this support article --> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Still, setting up Family Sharing will require full access to the two accounts. See if you can use account recovery to get access to the old account. How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple Account password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity. One tip to using account recovery it to look for options in small blue letters beneath the normal log-in items if you cannot complete the requested information.

Note that if you do not use an account, you risk having it removed. Legal - iCloud - Apple

VII. B "In addition, Apple may terminate your Account upon 30 days’ prior notice via email to the address associated with your Account if (a) your Account has been inactive for one (1) year; or (b) there is a general discontinuance of the Service or any part thereof."

Unable to login to iTunes with to my old Apple Account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.