You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Messages not transferring question.

so basically, i backed up my phone before leaving it to not use for awhile, but it continuously said ‘backup failed’ we even bought 200 more GB’s of data yet still it didn’t work.

Fast forward maybe a a week and 1/2? (october) and i’m signing back into my phone, the most recent backup was from FEBURARY earlier that year, which was only about a month from getting my phone for the first time, meaning there wasn’t anything on it really.

Anyways, really upset, i chose the most recent out of 2 February backups, thinking i wouldn’t have any passwords, photos, or anything in files and zero messages past the february point.

Turns out everything has come back to original, and it’s all perfect except, i’ve lost all my messages i have zero recent messages, i have CONTACTS but no messages from any point past the month of february. Is there any way i can recover them?

iPhone 11, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 10:59 PM

There are no replies.

Messages not transferring question.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.