You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to reset a phone that i deleted the icloud accout

I deleted the icloud acount before i turned off find my iphone. now i cant reset the phone. what do i need to do?

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 7:30 PM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2024 7:33 PM in response to bharv216

Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Check the requirements and steps at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not detail what currently constitutes proof other than it “must include the product serial number, IMEI or MEID.” Apple may typically require the original receipt* issued by Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller. If Apple resets the device this will give you access to the device but won't restore access to the account used to lock it. There is nothing that can be done to expedite an Activation Lock request.

*Apple recommends you "Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device" --> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device - Apple Support

How to reset a phone that i deleted the icloud accout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.