You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPod not connecting to iTunes

Hi, I recently purchased an iPod nano (6th Gen) from a local retailer that sells tons of used stuff. I stumbled upon this iPod, and I decided to purchase it. When I arrived home, I attempted to hook it up to my iTunes program for windows 11. The device did not show up in the side menu, and I think it might be because it's associated with another iTunes account. I would like to know how to fix this issue so I can use my new iPod nano with my music.

iPod nano

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 2:00 PM

5 replies

Oct 18, 2024 3:31 PM in response to corbinstevens

If I understand correctly

1.                  Apple Music

2.                  Apple TV

3.                  Apple Devices for Windows

Do not "co-exist" well with iTunes. The three apps must be uninstalled to use iTunes

If they are installed, uninstall them, reboot, and try iTunes again.

I still no go, uninstall & reinstall iTunes

I think Vanillabarr1909 is correct that iTunes is no longer a "strategic" product for Apple.

Also, Apple announced sometime back that the iTunes sync. feature to Microsoft Outlook

(if that is important to you) would be deprecated at some future date.

A future version of the new-trio may might have sync. in the future, or the answer might be

iCloud for Windows which may support sync. to Windows 11, but apparently not to Windows 10.

iPod not connecting to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.