You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

opening photos in photos

When I open photos all the photo icons are greyed out. I can't see any of the pictures, new or old. This happened once before and I ignored for a few days and it healed itself and I went back to downloading photos my old way, downloading from iCloud online but this is annoying because in order to edit them I have to load them one at a time into a phot editor and then save them one at a time. What is going on here. I tried making a new library and the program froze up and /I had to hit it several times to make it force quit.

iMac 27″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 1:09 PM

2 replies

Oct 20, 2024 2:10 PM in response to Richard.Taylor

I am doing nothing different than I ever did. I take pictures everyday. at events I will take hundred or more and daily I take pictures of my work in the trades or just wonderful scenery here in Vermont. My procedure hasn't changed. I come home everyday, plug in my phone and wait for photos to open and click on the source which is my phone and tell the computer to import all new photos. It always works or at least until recently when this odd behavior showed up. Even ow it's not happening everyday. It just does this once and while. I'm doing nothing different than I ever did.

opening photos in photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.