You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

is there a way to revert the photos app? i hate the new version.

I HATE the way the new photos app looks. I liked the simplicity of what we had prior to iOS 18. I don’t want to revert back to iOS 17 but I do want the previous photos app. Help! 😭😭

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 7:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 8:11 AM

Only the current version of Photos is compatible with iOS 18.

Try to break it in to your needs. It is more flexible and we can configure which collections will be shown. We can pin the collections we need most, so we can find them quickly in one place.

I did not like it either initially, but I could find a configuration that is working for me. See: Customize the Photos app on iPhone - Apple Support (CA)

And I could get rid of many collections, that I never use and that are just a waste of space.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2024 8:11 AM in response to kyyylaj

Only the current version of Photos is compatible with iOS 18.

Try to break it in to your needs. It is more flexible and we can configure which collections will be shown. We can pin the collections we need most, so we can find them quickly in one place.

I did not like it either initially, but I could find a configuration that is working for me. See: Customize the Photos app on iPhone - Apple Support (CA)

And I could get rid of many collections, that I never use and that are just a waste of space.

is there a way to revert the photos app? i hate the new version.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.