You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Account Recovery Request

Dear Apple Support, I am writing to seek assistance with my Apple ID. Unfortunately, it appears that my account has been compromised by a hacker, and my iPhone is now locked. I no longer have access to the email associated with my Apple ID, but I do have my previous password and the answers to my security questions available. Could you please guide me on how to recover my account under these circumstances? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help. Best regards.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 6:54 AM

2 replies

Oct 18, 2024 7:26 AM in response to Mojtaba.Nozari

Your security questions should have protected your account. Mind you, Apple stopped using security questions several years ago (maybe because they aren't all that good at ensuring security?) so if yours did not ensure security you may find it difficult to now do anything about the account. If you have problems then security questions no longer get direct support. You can try the directions in this support article If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support but the article is labeled "archived" and may contain information that is out of date. If the instructions work then fine; if they do not (e.g., “not enough information”*) then you will have to change to the newer security method if you can. Over the past few years Apple has been persistently encouraging users to switch to the newer two factor authentication security system. For those who have disregarded their encouraging, Apple will likely only help you to now change to two factor authentication, if even that is possible. Follow the instructions in the "Turn on two-factor authentication for your Apple ID" section in this support article --> Two-factor authentication for Apple Account - Apple Support to try to change to two factor authentication.

If you still need help, contact Apple ID support at this link ➞ https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=cups&PGF=PGF63005

Select "Other Apple ID Topics", then "Security concerns or account compromised." This will give you a chat or telephone call option.

If Apple can not or will not help you transition to two factor authentication then it is quite possible you will have to simply abandon the old account and everything it contained.

Good luck!

*See the third page of this discussion Unable to Reset Apple ID Security Questio… - Apple Community Some people talk about getting out of a “loop” by logging in a different way. I am not really following what they are talking about but maybe you can see if it helps.

Account Recovery Request

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.