You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Issues with Notes App After macOS Update. Notes have a lot of important files, please help to get it back.

I frequently use the Notes app to manage my important files. After updating to the latest version of macOS yesterday, I encountered a significant problem:

1. Inability to Edit or Create Notes: When I opened the Notes app, I was unable to edit or write in any of my notes.
  2. Notes List Not Displaying: The app does not show the list of all my notes, and I cannot open any existing notes.
  3. The Notes app appears as a blank white strip on the screen (see attached screenshots). The buttons are unresponsive, and I'm unable to open any of my notes. All other apps are functioning perfectly. My Mac is new (2023 model) and is not experiencing any other issues.

I have taken the following troubleshooting steps:

• Restarted my computer.
  • Reviewed various online resources for solutions.
  • Contacted Apple Support, but unfortunately, none of these actions resolved the issue.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide to help me fix this problem. Thank you!

MacBook Air 15″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 3:08 AM

There are no replies.

Issues with Notes App After macOS Update. Notes have a lot of important files, please help to get it back.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.