You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Can't text android phones after update 18.1

I was texting okay with the 18.1 update then 2 hours later text were not going through to my group. No one blocked me but things just changed and I don't know what it was. I am getting through to the group on Whatsapp but not on my family chat on apple. Everyone individually can be reached if they have an iPhone. Those with android cannot be reached individually. What's up with that?

Posted on Oct 17, 2024 3:44 PM

2 replies

Oct 17, 2024 3:50 PM in response to donnafromcleveland heights

donnafromcleveland heights wrote:

I was texting okay with the 18.1 update then 2 hours later text were not going through to my group. No one blocked me but things just changed and I don't know what it was. I am getting through to the group on Whatsapp but not on my family chat on apple. Everyone individually can be reached if they have an iPhone. Those with android cannot be reached individually. What's up with that?

SMS/MMS is your phone carrier feature, not Apples. Report the issue to them.

Can't text android phones after update 18.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.