You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to prevent iTunes Match from changing custom MP3 songs metadata?

Howdy. All the music I own on my PC was not purchased through Apple Music, they're my own ripped MP3's. My issue that when I sync my music to my iCloud Music Library, my music is appearing with different information than on my host PC's Apple Music where the file originates. Most of my music will send over exactly how I have it, but some music's information is changed due to iTunes Match "matching" some found music. I DO NOT WANT THIS AT ALL. I want all my metadata intact exactly as I set it, and I don't need better bitrate versions of the songs found on Apple Music through iTunes Match. As an example, I attached images of what an album looks like in Apple Music on my Windows 10 host machine, also all the EXIF metadata on that albums MP3's (Note that there are no catalog ID's or artist ID's associated with these tracks anymore) and finally what the (incorrect) release year is shown on my Apple Music app on iOS 18. I year should show 1999 but iTunes Music associates the release year to be 2012. Syncing my library over won't work because I don't have enough storage, iCloud Music Library is very affordable but how do I make my MP3's into "unrecognizable" versions that iTunes Match can't alter from their Apple Music counterparts? To also note, I have deleted the music from my cloud and reuploaded each time I tried, but iTunes Match is recognizing some information and changing the Release Year and can't do anything about it.

TLDR; is there a way I can sync my iCloud Music Library to my other Apple devices without iTunes Match changing any metadata or the core MP3 file being hosted at all? Thank you all so much.

Posted on Oct 17, 2024 3:38 PM

There are no replies.

How to prevent iTunes Match from changing custom MP3 songs metadata?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.