You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Why does my iPad's onscreen keyboard suddenly appear when it is linked to an external keyboard?

when i purchased the ipad, i included a cover keyboard. the cover keyboard worked just fine until recently. symptions included; space bar not working, switching between open apps no working CMD-tab, caps lock not working, and onscreen keyboard popping up even when i was using the external keyboard. this had not happened before.

i fixed most of the problems by disabling the full keyboard access, but the problem of the onscreen keyboard persists. also, i solved the problem of the capslock but now the shift key doesn't work. i cannot, for example, capitalize the i in i.

why did all these malfuntions suddently start occurring/

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Oct 17, 2024 1:54 PM

There are no replies.

Why does my iPad's onscreen keyboard suddenly appear when it is linked to an external keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.